Thursday, September 24, 2015

free writing

Yesterday my Landlord asked my boyfriend, "what's your religion?" he was stuck, he didn't know how to answer her. At the night, he told me about it, he said, "Magrita asked me a very sensitive question, religion. " I'm shocked, "how did you answer her? " "I believe nothing. " i said you should tell her you are an atheist." "she was so surprised, her mouth opened, 'how could you believe nothing! '" I think that's the reason we don't talk about this topic.
American people don't learn English grammar. Everyone knows, also most of English  teacher don't know it too, but people just take it. Like its not a big deal.
In LTC class I learn a new vocabulary, warm welco. I though about when Chinese and American greeting, how different they are. Chinese just shack hands, for female we mostly just nod, and say hi. American usually shake hands, hung, or kiss, and say hi, how are you, or what's up, also nice to meet you. So when a lot of Chinese students come to America they are very surprised about their greetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment